Welcome to the informational page for the Grand Meetup 2018 on Chanticleer Farm. This is where we will post information that you might need while getting there and what to do while you’re there. There is also a section at the end for leaving messages that you want to share with the group.
Be aware some of the details will change here, and this is still a proposed agenda at this point.
August 10-12, 2018
Friday, August 10
- 10:00 AM Whitewater canoeing – meet @ brick farm house
- 7:00 PM Lasagna dinner w/ food and footage @ brick farm house
Saturday, August 11
- 8:00 AM Family catered breakfast @ brick farm house
- 10:00 AM Shareholder meeting @ brick farm house
- 10:00 AM Kids Straw Ride – start @ barn
- 12:00 PM Deli style catered lunch @ brick farm house
- 1:00 PM Games on the grass
- 2:00 PM Walk to mound/White farmhouse
- 5:30 PM Fishing, pre-dinner drinks @ pond
- 6:00 PM All-family photo @ pond
- 7:00 PM Cook-out and s’mores @ pond
- 8:00 PM Evening family fun @ pond
Sunday, August 12
- 10:00 AM Hiking farm trails, river walk (optional) – meet @ brick farm house
* In case of rain, we will move indoors to the Greens’ house for board games and indoor family hang out time, with rain walks for those who are so inclined.
The Farm will provide several meals (BYOB*):
Friday Dinner – Catered Lasagna & salads
Saturday Breakfast – Catered Light breakfast
Saturday Lunch – Catered mediterranean chicken & salads
Saturday Dinner – Catered cookout-style food with veggie options
* Drinks: We will provide ice, and you can bring your own beverages of choice!
Note: for those staying at the Best Western, we’ve been told that breakfast is also included with the rooms.
- rain gear as needed
- sunscreen, sun glasses
- farm shoes
- bathing suit, beach towel
- hot, humid weather clothes for day
- sweater for cooler evenings (low 60s)
- family stuff/stories to share
- games to share/play
Chanticleer Farm – 944 Woods Road, Richmond, IN
Whitewater Canoe Rental – 1154 Main St. Brookville, IN
Best Western Richmond – 533 W Eaton Pike, Richmond
Chanticleer landline 765-966-6214
Best Western 765-939-9500
Hungry Pal – online restaurant food delivery anywhere in Richmond – will deliver to farm
Recommended restaurants: Roscoe’s (coffee & beer), Firehouse (BBQ – not veggie friendly), Main Street Diner (typical breakfast), Thai Thara (surprisingly decent), El Rodeo (Mexican, good for large groups)
Looks like it’s going to be a real party on the Whitewater! I will call Whitewater Rental to reserve canoes.
Let’s all meet at the farm by 10am. We can wait a bit for stragglers but it’s a big group so do your best to make it by 10am.
In case anyone has travel delays or wants to meet at Whitewater Rental, here is the location of the rental shop and starting point https://goo.gl/maps/DMUcfyzswmk.
If you are running late or have questions/concerns feel free to call or text me (503) 804-9428
Please bring canoeing:
- River shoes/sandals
- Beach towel
- Extra clothes for afterward (ice cream stop will cool you off!)
- Sack lunch
- Water bottle
Gigi walking to school.